One special lady from my #tribe developed this awesome challenge: Twelve Months of Bliss. While I wanted to participate the first two months, life sorta got in the way. That's no excuse, really. I should have made the time to work on myself via Emily's challenge. Anyways, I did it this month. I made a space on the wall in my guest room/office to display all the things keeping me going right now.
I have grown to love this little space, and what's awesome about the placement, is that I can see it from the bathroom when I'm getting ready in the mornings. I was amazed at how much I found strength and peace through such small items as these. And I have to thank Emily for bringing such a wonderful habit into my life.
1. This is the birthday card I got from my mom this year. The message inside reflected a little on the big conversation we had earlier in the month. The words brought me to tears and reminded me how lucky I am to have such a wonderful relationship with my mom now.
2. Priorities. I had written that on this little post-it note during one of our Blogger Pow Wows a few months ago, and it's been on my desk ever since. My priorities have shifted so much since I've moved here and then even more once I got married. Having them set and not wavering on them have brought me great strength and comfort.
3. Think Positive! This has been my mantra this month. You can't go wrong with that!
4. This little tag says "#WoodsGoCruisin, 12-26-15, From Missouri, To the Caribbean"
I am so excited about our cruise and am constantly thinking about what I need to do before we leave and making lists about what to pack. We also are spending a week with my parents before the cruise, and we're looking forward to that as well.
5. I was debating a new look for the blog, which I did implement earlier this month.
6. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
Sometimes it's hard for me to let go of what I want and the time line I want it in, and trust that God will provide the things I need exactly at the perfect time.
7. My puppy calendar! Who doesn't love adorable pictures of puppies??
8. The 17th was my first day of school. I am loving school, and so enjoy working for my degree. I always look forward to my classes each session because you never know who you'll meet or what you'll learn outside of the set curriculum.
9. This weekend we are going on another weekend getaway to Branson, MO. We had such a wonderful time over the 4th of July, and we wanted to get away just one more time before our big vacation at Christmas.
This should really be a board full of happiness for me. Do you have an inspiration board?